Information We Collect
You can browse first3yearstx.org without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
Here are the most common ways in which we collect your personal information:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
- When you make a payment for our products and services;
- When you request information or assistance;
- When you apply for Endorsement®;
- When you agree to advise or review Endorsement® applications;
- When you register as a member of First3Years;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving First3Years properties;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the website(s);
- In conjunction with any other place on the website(s) where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
When you interact with the website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). We may collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time and date of access;
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the website. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Communicating with you about your transactions with us and sending you information about features on our website or about First3Years;
- Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your Endorsement® application and renewals;
- Managing your First3Years Membership;
- Event or program registration;
- Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
- Verifying your account and account activities;
- Managing our organization.
We Are Committed to Protecting Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent personal information to others. We use your information only for the limited purposes of sending you updates and useful information about our services, programs, resources for the field, enhancing the site operation, for statistical purposes, and for overall systems administration.
We may also use web beacons (i.e. an “action tag”, “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) – an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that allows us to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow First3Years and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide improved services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through such web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your permission.
Childrens’ Personal Information
While our website may be viewed by children, our site is not specifically dedicated to children and we do not actively solicit information from children. Children under the age of 13 are required to obtain permission from a parent or guardian prior to providing any personal information.
General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing your information in compliance with the GDPR upon its effectiveness on May 25, 2018.
Questions and comments should be directed to First3Years at the address or number listed below.
15851 Dallas Parkway, #106
Addison, TX 75001
To unsubscribe from e-mail updates from First3Years or to delete your contact record, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: June 11, 2018