American Academy of Pediatrics | http://www.aap.org/
- The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 60,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
American Public Health Association | http://www.apha.org
- APHA represents a broad array of health professionals and others who care about their own health and the health of their communities.
Children’s Defense Fund | http://www.childrensdefense.org/
- Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) is a private, nonprofit organization supported by foundation and corporate grants and individual donations. CDF encourages preventive investment before children get sick or into trouble, drop out of school, or suffer family breakdown.
Dallas Association for the Education of Young Children (DAEYC) | https://dallasaeyc.org/professional-development/
- Becoming a profession of teachers and caregivers comes with a commitment to ongoing professional development (PD). Your Dallas AEYC offers PD opportunities throughout the year.
I Am Your Child | www.iamyourchild.org
- I Am Your Child: In 1997 Rob and Michele Reiner joined forces with leading child development experts to help raise public awareness about the critical importance the prenatal period through the first early years plays in a child’s healthy brain development. Already a renowned film director, Reiner turned his talents to helping educate parents on this, and other topics of interest to the caregivers of our youngest children.
International Congress of Infant Studies | https://infantstudies.org
- The International Congress on Infant Studies is a not-for-profit professional organization devoted to the promotion and dissemination of research on the development of infants.
La Leche League | http://www.lalecheleague.org/
- La Leche League is an international organization providing information and support to breastfeeding mothers.
National Black Child Development Institute | http://www.nbcdi.org/
- NBCDI’s mission is to improve and protect the quality of life of Black children and families.
National Child Care Information Center | http://www.nccic.org/
- The National Child Care Information and Technical Assistance Center (NCCIC), a service of the Child Care Bureau, is a national clearinghouse and technical assistance (TA) center that provides comprehensive child care information resources and TA services to Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Administrators and other key stakeholders.
National Council of Family Relations | http://www.icf.com/
- The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) provides an educational forum for family researchers, educators, and practitioners to share in the development and dissemination of knowledge about families and family relationships, establishes professional standards, and works to promote family well-being.
National Parent Information Network | http://reventionhub.org/
- National Parent Information Network provides information about educational software and services for middle school, high school, and college students. Creative, innovative and interactive products that empower students of all ages.
Positive Health and Wellness | https://www.positivehealthwellness.com
- This site is for those who look for information to live a more positive, healthy and happy life.
- Check out this ARTICLE to learn how being pregnant impacts your diet and nutrition.
Safety Alerts & Consumer Product Recall | http://www.safetyalerts.com/
- Safety related product recall information
SAMHSA’s National Clearinghouse for Alcohol& Drug Information | http://www.samhsa.gov/
- SAMHSA’s National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI) is the Nation’s one-stop resource for information about substance abuse prevention and addiction treatment.
VeryWell | Know More, Feel Better | www.verywell.com
- As a top 5 health destination featuring expert content reviewed by board-certified physicians, Verywell takes a human approach to health and is a welcome alternative to hyper-clinical, often hard-to-understand health sites that many people may have difficulty using.
What to Expect | www.whattoexpect.com
- Prenatal depression is surprisingly common; help is available and it can make a big difference for both mom and baby. This link describes symptoms and treatments for prenatal depression that can improve the developmental outcomes for infants and toddlers whose mothers suffer from depression.
World Association for Infant Mental Health | http://www.waimh.org/
- The World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH) is a not-for-profit organization for scientific and educational professionals. WAIMH’s central aim is to promote the mental wellbeing and healthy development of infants throughout the world, taking into account cultural, regional, and environmental variations, and to generate and disseminate scientific knowledge.
Zero to Three | http://www.zerotothree.org/
- Zero to Three is a national nonprofit multidisciplinary organization that advances our mission by informing, educating and supporting adults who influence the lives of infants and toddlers.