July 25, 2016
Job Title: Just Beginning Coordinator Part Time (20 hours)/Week
Reports to: Director of Programs
First3Years is a state-wide non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, advocate, and collaborate for the Healthy Development of Infants and Toddlers. First3Years is recognized around the state for its training programs around infant mental health and our ability to bring meaningful research around brain development during the early years to those who need it most.
First3Years is looking for an outgoing, caring professional to oversee our new Just Beginning Parenting program for Teen Fathers in Dallas County.
- Oversees and coordinates all aspects of the Just Beginning program
- Facilitates the Just Beginning program including but not limited to teaching classes, overseeing play sessions, 1:1 parent mentoring
- Gather evaluation data, prepares reports, works with evaluator to supply additional information as needed
- Connect youth to additional community resources as needed for father and/or baby
- Presents to the community about Just Beginning Program as needed
- Works with Youth Law Center and First3Years Executive Director to adjust program as needed according to feedback
- Conveys importance of fatherhood to participants
- Teaches participants the critical importance of the infant/toddler needs
- Works with parent organizations to schedule program classes and visits
- Ability to take case management duties when needed
- Assists Executive Director in preparing grants for program
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with professionals, state and local agencies, and caregivers of young children and their families.
- Attends statewide and local meetings, events, and conferences as needed or as required to carry out the mission of First3YEars
- Works within a budget to maximize the resources of the program
- Stays current with national and state best practices and research that impact Infants and toddlers of Texas
- Performs other duties as needed and as assigned by the Executive Director
- Prepares, or helps prepare, marketing materials for First3Years
- Authors blogs, social media, newsletter and other communication items for First3Years on program related issues
- Prepares reports for the Executive Director and grants as required
- Informs Executive Director of policies that may affect successful implementation of the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in child development, psychology, social work, counseling or related field preferred.
- Experience as a parent and/or working with infants/toddlers
- 2 Years experience working with teens/youth
- Ability and willingness to extend beyond job description
- Caring attitude toward young people
- Creativity in solving problems and planning activities
- Flexible schedule to make to for play sessions
- Experience working in collaborative or partnership situations
- Experience developing trainings and programs
- Personal Transportation abilities required (car)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication skills required
- Effective listening and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably with diverse people at all different levels – from corporate and elected leaders to front line staff in programs – and from rural to urban dwellers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build partnerships, collaborations, and networks causing people to work together to achieve common outcomes.
- Strong interest in at-risk youth, coparenting, and young children
- Microsoft Office
- Bilingual Preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Considered dependable and flexible.
- Possession of valid driver’s license
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Talia Brinkman at email@example.com
For more information about First3Years visit first3yearstx.org