Thank you for being a Bright By Text partner in Harris County, TX! As a partner, you are invited to submit requests to have Bright by Text send custom text messages about local resources and events to Bright By Text subscribers in Harris County. Only staff from public agencies and local nonprofit organizations within Harris County will be able to submit message requests. If you are a parent or caregiver, please visit our “Bright By Text for Caregivers” page by clicking HERE.
Please review the Local Content Guidelines provided by Bright By Text before submitting your text message request:
HEALTHY CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- Will the event or resource contribute to healthy child development, prenatal to age eight?
Does the message fall within at least one of the five protective factors for strengthening families?
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- Concrete support in times of need
- Social and emotional competence among children
EVENT OR RESOURCE PROMOTION
- Does the message promote an event or series of events? OR…
- Does it promote underutilized or hard to find resources in the community? AND…
- Is the event or resource free or low-cost?
- Which audience is most appropriate to receive the message? AND…
- Do you want to target a specific age group and/or location by zip code?
- Can the message be communicated in 140 characters or less AND…
- Is there a website with up-to-date information that you are including? Does the link you are submitting work on a cell phone? AND…
- Can you provide the message in both English and Spanish?
Ready to move forward? If yes, please use click the link below to submit your text message request
Contact Christy Serrano with questions at email@example.com
Click on a family outreach resource below to view and download (for partner use only)
*Once signatures have been obtained, partners can manually enter caregiver sign-ups using the regular Bright By Text sign up page: https://app.brightbytext.org/web_signup