Job Title: Development Director
Reports to: Chief Executive Office
First3Years is a state-wide non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, advocate, and collaborate to support the healthy development of infants and toddlers. First3Years is recognized around the state for its training programs around infant mental health and our ability to bring meaningful research around relationships brain development during the early years to those who need it most.
First3Years is looking for an outgoing, experienced professional to be responsible for planning, execution, control, and evaluation of fundraising initiatives for the organization.
Job Duties: The Development Director is Responsible for:
- Operating support
- Identifying, cultivating, and soliciting contributions from Individuals, Corporations, Corporate Foundations, and employee giving programs
- Procuring Sponsorships
- Building and managing an active portfolio of donors and prospects in all stages
- Spearheading multiple fundraising event/year, plan for Annual meeting and donor appreciation with set goals. Assist in events as needed.
- Assists Executive Director in preparing for donor visits and meetings by creating collateral materials, setting calendar
- Managing communication before/after donations, donor visits, and events, etc.
- Attending statewide and local meetings, events, and conferences as needed or as required to carry out the mission of First3Years
- Staying current with national and state best practices on fundraising
- Performing other duties as needed or assigned by the Executive Director
- Preparing, or helping to prepare, marketing materials for First3Years, including but not limited to press releases, media relations, newsletters, website
- Preparing reports for the Executive Director and board weekly, monthly, quarterly, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years in fundraising, donor stewardship
- Proven track record of planned giving achievement
- Connection to the mission of First3Years and desire to help young children and their families
- Ability and willingness to extend beyond job description
- Creativity in solving problems and planning activities
- Experience working in collaborative or partnership situations
- Personal Transportation abilities required (car)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Effective listening and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to build partnerships, collaborations, and networks causing people to work together to achieve common outcomes.
- Strong interest in young children
- Microsoft Office and development software
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Considered dependable and flexible
- Possession of valid driver’s license
Salary is dependent on experience. Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and salary history Ashley Borthick at ABorthick@first3yearstx.orgShare